[c-nsp] Redistributed EIGRP Route Preferred over EBGP?

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Mon Apr 18 14:04:17 EDT 2011

> If I understand you correctly, an internal EIGRP route is being preferred
> in the RIB over an eBGP route.  That would make sense as EIGRP has an admin
> distance of 20 and eBGP has an admin distance of 170.

E-BGP has an AD of 20 and EIGRP has an AD of 90 (internal) and 170 (external).

> In the output you show above, the redist'd EIGRP route is preferred in BGP
> but that has no bearing on whether the eBGP route is preferred over an
> EIGRP route.

The EIGRP route is going to make it into the RIB as the redistributed
EIGRP route is being preferred in the BGP table over the E-BGP route.
The routes are going to be compared in the BGP table using the BGP
Path Selection algorithm and I would expect to see the E-BGP route
with a weight of 64000 preferred.

/Chris