[c-nsp] Private VLANs for customer isolation on sup720/12.2(33)

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:38:01 EDT 2011

You can just need primary vlan on the catalyst 6500, basically 6500 is
not aware of the private vlans existence. Then private vlans on the
access switch.

The following is one of my old post.
promisc port has to be access port. So you need a loopback cable on
your access switch with two vlan numbers for your primary vlan. For
example vlan 140 and vlan 141, then your link to distribution will
still be vlan 140, other vlans trunk, but one end of loopback cable would be
access vlan 140, the other end of the loopback cable will be access
vlan 141. You can then set vlan 141 to be your primary vlan, and the
end with access vlan 141 to be promisc port. So you have to use a
loopback cable and two ports. Foundry/Brocade is the same way too.

Schilling