[c-nsp] unnumbered SVI on 6500/sup720

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:49:20 EDT 2011

On 27/04/11 13:21, Tim Durack wrote:
> This works: "ip route vrf PROD 155.198.60.248 255.255.255.255 vl600
> 155.198.60.248"
>
> I've used this in the lab to export "host routes" from a VRF.

Ah, thanks.

> I messed with the unnumbered VLAN scenario. Didn't really like the
> DHCP dependency though, especially as a router reload will then cause
> significant problems.

Yeah. I'm not comfortable with that myself. Unlike the DHCP snooping
database (which is backed up) there's no "relay database".

It's also not clear to me if, or how, the unnumbered VLAN stuff would
work with a FHRP (HSRP, VRRP, etc.). I don't think it would - because no
HSRP hellos are emitted on the unnumbered SVI, the layer2 entries
wouldn't update on a failover :o(