[c-nsp] BGP transit selection from source customer network

Alexandre Durand alexandre.durand at tasfrance.com
Mon Aug 1 04:32:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had alerady the experience of source
routing tarffic over multihomed network based?

We run a network with several ISP and peering that provide internet full
routing table and we want for specific network bloc to be routed through
one of our dedicate cheap transit ISP, but leave others on the same
router to be routed via others ISPs. we run full meshed IBGP and
multi-home transits or peering.

I might have found 2 solutions and use PBR or VRF but I don t know how
to implement them yet. VRF looks nice but I may miss transit redundancy.
Let s say I create a specific vrf for this ISP, others ISPs remain in
the global routing table, if this provider is not availaible, the
traffic is no longer routed out the others ISPs and also I can t share
and send traffic over peerings...

Is there any doc or guide for such solution that I can use so I can work
on the appropriate solution and configuration and adapt it to our needs
and network specifications?

--
Alexandre DURAND
TAS FRANCE