[c-nsp] BGP transit selection from source customer network

Alexandre Durand alexandre.durand at tasfrance.com
Mon Aug 1 10:35:43 EDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

Tnhan you for you answer. Actually youa re right about the inbound
traffic in which I can easily advetise this network with a preference to
my "ISPA", this is fine and already done.

The issue here is about the oubound traffic, when my customer traffic is
going back out to ISP, I can also you weight on the router where I host
this "ISPA" and use no-advertise attribute so I don t advertise
prefixes to others iBGP routers, fine but others customer traffic will
also be routed via ISPA because the shortest ISP path is going throught
this router too...

On the diagram below cust 1, cust2 from RO4 are routed through RO1 and
then to ISPA, I just want cust1 to be routed over ISPA and cust2 over
ISPb without using IGP metric.

ISPA....RO1----RO2.....ISPX
             I   \     /  |
           RO3    RO4