[c-nsp] Cisco Ipsec VPN with IPv6

Lucien Weber Lucien.Weber at lw-networks.net
Tue Aug 2 02:48:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

my name is Lucien and I try to find a solution for the following issue.
Actually I have Ipsec Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN´s from Cisco ASA to ASA and IOS Router to Cisco ASA running
very well with IPv4.

Now I want try this setup with IPv6 to transport IPv4 and / or IPv6 Traffic over a  IPv6 Ipsec Tunnel.
I tested successfully this setup with a Site-to-Site setup with ASA-ASA  and IOS-Router-ASA.

But I can't find a solution to establish that with the Remote-Access setup from IOS-Router to a Cisco ASA.
Normally when the ISP assign to the CPE side a fixed IPv6 Prefix this setup will changed to a site-to-site config but
my problem is now how can I realize that when the CPE got no fixed IPv6 Prefix and it will changed.

Can anyone help on this topic?

Many Many Thanks and Best Regards
Lucien