[c-nsp] BGP transit selection from source customer network

Alexandre Durand alexandre.durand at tasfrance.com
Tue Aug 2 05:53:59 EDT 2011

weird I used only PBR and it seems to be working. I created a route-map
that send cust1 traffic out to ISPA (RIB internet routes) and any other
customer source traffic out to ISPB. the weird thing is that ISPB routes
are NLRI routes and not RIB routes ... how can this be working ...

regards

alexandre

route-map cust1, permit, sequence 10
   Match clauses:
     ip address (access-lists): cust1
   Set clauses:
     ip next-hop ISPA
   Policy routing matches: 122 packets, 13908 bytes
route-map cust1, permit, sequence 20
   Match clauses:  (ANY)
   Set clauses:
     ip next-hop ISPB
   Policy routing matches: 15 packets, 1710 bytes

On 02/08/11 11:04, Alexandre Durand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You are right, however on router A is connected to ISPA, bgp will add
> only preferred ISPA routes and  not the others routes from router B
> ISPB with IBGP, but only ISPA routes will be preferred on this router
> A (attribute weight), router A will be not aware about ISPB rouites
> unless ISPA goes down.
>
> I may use a dedicated vrf for ISPA so global routing table and vrf
> table are not bound each other. And then use PBR over route-map to
> redirect first via ISPA VRF and secondly via global routing table
> where ISPB routes will be present in RIB.
> What do you think about it?
>
> The only issue witch such solution is that I will need to upgrade the
> ios because vrf under route-map is not supported on my IOS(12.2(18)SXD3).
>
> regards
>
> Alexandre
>
> On 01/08/11 17:56, David Freedman wrote:

Alexandre DURAND
TAS FRANCE
WTC 1-K, 1300 route des Crêtes
06560 Valbonne Sophia Antipolis