[c-nsp] does duplex mismatch affect UDP throughput?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 2 06:45:16 EDT 2011

On Sunday, July 31, 2011 02:47:38 PM Gert Doering wrote:

> If you order a cross-city ethernet link from a telco,
> they usually force duplex/speed settings on their gear
> and turn off autonegotiation.

Funny, we tend to do the opposite these days :-).

I can understand closed networks and enterprise/corporate
networks still going the "hard-coding" route, but it'd be
interesting to learn if a vast majority of service providers
are still doing the same these days (yes, it's still common
to find hard-coding in service provider environments as well
these days, but I just wonder whether the number is falling,
rising or stagnant).

I suspect thoughts on this are bound to be academic :-).

Mark.