[c-nsp] 6PE

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Aug 3 01:51:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, waseem thaer wrote:

> I'm interested in the 6PE solution to offer IPv6 for customers, for
> those of you who have checked this solution in production network please
> share your experiences and what are the hardware and software
> configurations you have??

I know quite a lot of people who run 6PE, it should be mature code since
the feature has been around since at least 2008 on quite a lot of
platforms.

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6553/prod_presentation0900aecd80311df4.pdf>
seems to be a good presentation to describe what it is. I'd imagine 7600
and any software platform (7200) will do this just fine. If you instead
say what platform you have, people might be able to share experiences with
that perticular platform.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se