[c-nsp] Current recommendations for publishing a web site on IPV6 using Cisco products (Router, Firewall, Load Balancer)?

P C pc50000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:10:51 EDT 2011

I have a cisco-based network that is largely similar to this:

<7200 router>---<Cisco ASA>--<Cisco ACE>---<Web Servers>

I would like your opinions and thoughts on the options available for
publishing the web servers on the internet in ipv6.

Today I have an IPV6 ARIN allocation and IPV6 connectivity to my
providers on the 7200.

Thoughts:

* Native IPV6 is out.  The 7200 and ASA do it.  So do the web servers.
 However, I was very disappointed to see _zero_ support for IPV6 in
the Cisco ACE.  I would think the web application accelerator would
normally be the ideal place to either handle this thing native, or any
translation needed.
* NAT64 looks promising, but with no support in IOS or ASA at this
time, I can't do it.
* NAT-PT is available and can be done on the 7200.  However, it's
largely EoL from what I'm told.
* NAT with ipv6 to ipv4 address mapping might be an acceptable option.

Please let me know your thoughts, and what you've seen work.

Thanks!