[c-nsp] Dumb question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Aug 4 04:50:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 11:30:48AM +0300, Ziv Leyes wrote:
> The RTR1-IN route-map is for filtering the incoming routes
>
> So you're saying that the statement
> match community 100:1 which is the community itself won't work?

Well, it will match on a community *LIST* with the name "100:1".  But
it will not match "community 100:1".

> Do I need here as well to match the community on a list and then use the community list on the route-map in too?

Yes.

(But why match here at all, if you're not changing any attributes?  You could
just drop the inbound route-map)

> Then why when you configure it lets you do it?

You could have a community-list named "100:1"...

> Nevermind, I've adjusted the settings to work with a community list and then match the list on the route-map on both directions, incoming route-map from RTR1 and outgoing route-map to ISP1 and guess what?
> I can see them now going out!

Hooray :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/