[c-nsp] Nexus 5K optimisation for iSCSI traffic

Geert Nijs geert.nijs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:59:46 EDT 2011

Thanks Brad for this tip.
I was experiencing a similar problem where a downstream cisco bladeswitch
was preventing ISSU on my N5K (it was not considered an STP edge port).
I myself came up with the outbound BPDUfilter solution on the blade switch,
but flexlinks might be a safer solution.
1) Could you explain why flexlink is safer than bpdufilter for example ?
2) Can i use flexlinks if my blade switch only has one uplink (ie. there is
no backup port) (there is of course another blade switch in the chassis that
has an uplink to the alternative switch and blade switches are running
link state tracking, i am sure you are familiar with this setup)

regards,
Geert