[c-nsp] multihoming solution over two different ISP's

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Aug 8 09:46:03 EDT 2011

Get a 2950 or even a 3524XL, use vlans and subinterfaces.

Use BGP if available.

Otherwise, if you are already using NAT, then this should work fine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xe/feature/guide/dbackupx.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8313

If you need redundancy and incoming IP reachability, and you cannot get
BGP/Public IP addresses from your existing ISP's, you can obtain it from
other ISP's, even if all they can offer you is a tunnel.

Joe