[c-nsp] Brocade VS Cisco

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:33:35 EDT 2011

The foundry gear has gotten better, however, there are still persistent
software issues and if
it's support and documentation you want, forget it. I have dealt with them
alot in enterprise, datacenter, etc. I have not used them for MPLS
functionality but I would imagine it's much of the same.

Also, Foundry comes up short as well in feature comparison to Cisco and
Juniper. You get what you pay for,
is it cheaper if you have to work twice as hard to
manage infrastructure? Foundry is also bad with investment
protection, too much churn in their product lines.

my two cents,

mike