[c-nsp] Brocade Vs Cisco

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Thu Aug 11 10:51:03 EDT 2011

Hi, run and don't walk away from the Brocade gear.  It's been my experience
with the foundry products that there are many software bugs, the support is
lacking, and they have really odd limitations that you wouldn't expect.
Also, they tend to do things in a non standard way.  Spanning tree for
example when Interoperating with any other vendor was a real PITA!

GO with Juniper or Cisco and leave the Brocade on the shelf.

Thanks
Scott