[c-nsp] Catalyst 6500 Sup32 - xconnect and L3 routing on same SVI

Andris Zariņš andris.zarins at smn.lv
Thu Aug 11 09:36:20 EDT 2011

Document at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/l2vpn_advanced_vpls.html#Routed_Pseudo-Wire_and_Routed_VPLS says that Routed Pseudowire is supported with 12.2(33)SXJ1 on ES+ and with 12.2(33)SXI4a on SIP-400. On other hand - the same document also says that:

A-VPLS supports the following:

·         In switches without an ES+ line card:

o   Up to 32 EtherChannel port-channel interfaces.  (ES+ line cards do not support port-channel interfaces)

o   Up to 60 VPLS neighbors, minus the number of neighbors configured with the  load-balance flow command.

·         In switches with an ES+ line card (with or without a 7600-SIP-400):

o   Up to 30 EtherChannel port-channel interfaces.  (ES+ line cards do not support port-channel nterfaces)

o   Up to 30 VPLS neighbors, minus the number of neighbors configured with the  load-balance flow command.

… could it mean, that A-VPLS (and routed PW) is still supported even without ES+ or SIP-400 .. or I’m reading something wrong?

Andris