[c-nsp] ASR's + GLBP

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:57:22 EDT 2011

Hi Guys, After some advice on asr's,glbp+3750x's We currently have 7200's(LNS,MP-BGP,Inet, client tails etc(i.e. P/PE)) with G2's that are doing ~350Mb/sec(Our utilisation has increased dramatically over the last 6months)...we have "failover" 7200's ready to take over should the G2 7200's fail....unfortunately the failover 7200's only have npe400's in them, and would melt should they be needed. Therefore, we are looking at replacing the 7200's with ASR's, and also implementing a more robust switching infrastructure(i.e. 2 x 3750x stack) Having no experience with GLBP can it be used like so: 2 x ASRs running GLBP (The ASR's will be doing the same role as the existing 7200's), each one connected to both 3750x's via Portchan - We then have stacks of 2x2960S's as client facing switches, with portchan running from both 2960s->both 3750s.
Hoping that with the above, both asr's will be active/active(So we dont have one sitting idle waiting for a failure), we can lose an asr, and experience minimal interruption, we can also lose a 3750 and also experience minimal interruption. Will this work? Thanks in advance.