[c-nsp] 6500 SNMP interface CRC oid

Jeroen van Ingen jeroen at zijndomein.nl
Wed Aug 17 06:30:18 EDT 2011

Manu,

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 05:58 +0200, Manu Chao wrote:
> I m looking for SNMP 6500 interface CRC input error OID.
> Which MIB should i use?

As far as I can see, this counter isn't available via SNMP. You could
try if one of the following objects suits your needs:

* IF-MIB::ifInErrors is a generic input error counter, which also
increments when CRC errors occur.

* Several low-level error counters are available in the EtherLike-MIB;
eg look at EtherLike-MIB::dot3StatsAlignmentErrors,
EtherLike-MIB::dot3StatsFCSErrors and
EtherLike-MIB::dot3StatsSymbolErrors.

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands