[c-nsp] BGP router upgrade

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 17 07:54:11 EDT 2011

On (2011-08-17 02:07 +0200), Lars Eidsheim wrote:

> - Load times of the full BGP table will be higher than the NPE-G1/2 - do anyone know the respective load times? Do you expect to see 1 minute or 10 minutes?

SUP720-3BXL can load BGP table in under 1min, but NPE-G1 can do lot better.
But initial convergence is hardly very interesting metric.

> - Do we benefit to use DFC at the linecards when traffic rate is low (guessing 5 to 10 mpps)? Will DFC still be recommended for my setup?

No, I wouldn't run DFC until I need them. Decentralization carries some
complexity and may include some surprises like inability to police accurately.

> - Will the 7600/RSP720 be a better choice, still using 67xx linecards?

RSP720 has MSFC4 so control-plane is snappier.

--
  ++ytti