[c-nsp] BGP router upgrade

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 17 14:24:01 EDT 2011

On (2011-08-17 13:48 -0400), Scott Granados wrote:

> In what configuration does an NPE G1 load tables in under a minute?
>
> I haven't seen one load a full table in anywhere near sub 1 min.

Maybe you've not changed hold-queue or MSS size.

CSCsh81034 Bug Details
sup720 slow to upload BGP table to iBGP peer

Symptoms: Slow convergence. A sup720 running 122-33.SRA is slow to
upload the full BGP table to an iBGP peer. It takes more than one minute for
the 200k prefixes to be uploaded to the peer. As a comparison point, a 7200
NPE-G1 running 122-25S uploads the same 200k prefixes to the same ibgp peer in
less than 10 seconds.

--
  ++ytti