[c-nsp] A bit of 6513-E confusion

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Aug 17 15:46:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 02:27:50PM -0400, Drew Weaver wrote:
> With a 6513-E would you be able run it with:
>
> 2xSUP720-3BXLs
> 10xWS-6748(/w DFCs)
> 1x WS-6708?

As far as I understand, you need a Sup-2T to get dual-fabric connections
to all the slots.  So the answer would be "no".

> I know in the regular 6513 you can only put the higher-end cards in
> the last few slots, but I can't really find out if that is still true
> on the 6513-E.

The 6513 is lacking the backplane connections, which the 6513-E has.

But then, the Sup720 does not have enough fabric lanes either, which
the Sup-2T brings with it (... and then, you need other LAN cards,
with a DFC4).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de