[c-nsp] Multicast route limits on Nexus 3k

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Thu Aug 18 03:27:18 EDT 2011

I had a few requests to see if this worked. We had this error message each
morning as the multicast sources came up:

> > We are running into the following error on a Nexus 3k:
> >
> >         %IPFIB-2-FIB_MCAST_LIMIT_REACHD: Multicast Route Limit Exceeded.

But after raising the limit with the command below we no longer receive the
error.

> > I can't seem to figure out what show commands exist, if any, to see what the
> > current limit is. Any ideas?
>
> # show hardware profile status
> Reserved LPM Entries = 1024.
> Reserved Host Entries = 1952.
> Reserved Mcast Entries = 2048.
> Used LPM Entries = 78.
> Used Host Entries in LPM = 0.
> Used Mcast Entries = 263.
> Used Host Entries  in Host = 126.
>
> Supposedly we can adjust this with:
>
>         hardware profile multicast max-limit

And yes, I'm aware the N3k is brand new, hence the lack of results in Google
searches. I'll be sending through our diffs for nxrancid shortly too.

cheers
Marty