[c-nsp] BGP question : What's the best way for filtering outgoing prefixes?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Aug 19 11:50:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011, Jay Nakamura wrote:

> While testing, I am wondering, is it standard practice to clear my
> community strings from routes before going to peer/transit?

Yes.  You never know what special meaning various community strings might
have to someone else.  You should set community none on routes you receive
after you've looked at the community strings (if you were interested), and
before sending routes to another AS unless you meant for them to go out
with a certain community string.