[c-nsp] 7206VXR NPE-G1 Upgrade from 12.4 to 15.0 High CPU

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Aug 24 18:02:42 EDT 2011

I have seen this in other instances as well. A 2811 never dips below 10%
(cpu is graphed) even off-peak with nothing going on. The 1700 it
replaced properly flat-lined to 0% at the same times.

It remains to be seen whether this is an aesthetic issue or an actual
problem.

I am looking at a G1 running 15.0 pushing a few hundred mbps peaking at
near 90% (cpu graph) without any user reported issues reaching me. Some
of that traffic is IOS FW, some is ATM, most is inter-vlan. Full tables.

Joe