[c-nsp] MPLS DiffServ Tunneling Modes -Pipe mode

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Aug 25 09:21:40 EDT 2011

Well, actually the doc refers to a feature where you can move all
IP-DSCP-based classification off the PEs. So if you classify on the CE
and mark with the exp-null label, the ingress PE can use this marking
and doesn't need to configure any customer/IP-specific policies.
So I would argue that using exp-null on the ingress CE/PE is not a
requirement for a pipe-mode deployment, but it makes the deployment
easier.  And no, I have not yet seen this being deployed (which might or
might not mean something)

	oli

> Right that's how I understood it as well
> It's just that document proposing the rather unusual way :)
>
> adam

IP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRN
> D/VPNQoS.html