[c-nsp] QoS VLAN Marking is not working 7600

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:56:39 EDT 2011

Arie,

Indeed we have many VLANs and each VLAN should be marked with different EXP
bits. I only copy a specific VLAN. The idea is don't trust in the source and
remark with specific EXP bits to the upstream, the PE-P is mpls enabled.
Anyway it's correct I have transit traffic originated by other devices
connected  to the 7600.

Rgds.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Arie Vayner (avayner) <avayner at cisco.com>wrote:

> Omar,
>
> What traffic do you expect to be marked with EXP 6?
>
> Do you have any transit traffic (i.e. traffic not originated by the
> 7600, but sent from a remote client), which is marked with some other
> (non EXP=6,0) value?
>
> Usually Prec 6 would be used for control traffic (routing protocols
> etc), and this traffic is usually one hop only, and would not be
> encapsulated with MPLS, so no EXP bits...
> The only exceptions I can think of would be transit BGP or directed LDP
> sessions terminated on a remote router (not the adjacent CRS)
>
> Arie

Omar E.P.T