[c-nsp] WARNING: Netflow Data Export & Hardware assisted NAT not supported on 76xx/65xx on the same interface

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Aug 28 05:13:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 05:31:09PM -0400, Matthew Huff wrote:
> If it was made apparent, could you point to any public documentation
> that states that? I've scoured Cisco's site, google, and mail
> archives, and can't find any mention (other than specific caveats)
> that state that NDE and hardware assisted nat are not supported on
> the same interface. In fact, it took TAC almost two weeks of
> escalation before anyone would state it wasn't supported and they
> couldn't find any documentation that stated that.

If you say "NDE and nat ... on the same interface", what exactly do
you mean by that?  Netflow *export* via the same interface that also
does NAT, or netflow *collection* of flows traversing the NAT-ed
interface?

(NDE = "netflow data export" - and if it's just the export functionality,
it should be easy to build workarounds for the exported flows to go around
in a circle, and leave via another interface)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de