[c-nsp] WARNING: Netflow Data Export & Hardware assisted NAT not supported on 76xx/65xx on the same interface

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 12:11:41 EDT 2011

> likely we will either replace the entire hardware or leave it the way it is. Having to increase latency to add monitoring is the tail wagging the dog.

Do you have the tools in place to comment on the latency it will
generate and the impact and loss of revenue to your customers?

> As far as requirements, on the marketing literature for the 7600/RSP720 the hardware assisted nat and NDE are both prominent features advertised. There are no disclaimers stating they won't work together.

And there are no promises that every feature will work in every
combination.  This is applicable for all manufacturers in this space.
> In fact, I've yet to see any published documentation, internal or external from Cisco that states that it won't work. Just a good explanation from TAC why it won't (The NAT inserts a special Netflow entry that doesn't follow the mls aging timeout, so NDE doesn't work).
This goes back to my comment that it's very important to understand what
you are buying.  It's painfully obvious this is your first time buying
and designing networking gear.

> We have been promised a formal statement from Cisco in regards to this. Once we have that, we will had it over to our legal department and see where it goes from there.

ROFL!  I can tell you it will go nowhere.

tv