[c-nsp] WARNING: Netflow Data Export & Hardware assisted NAT not supported on 76xx/65xx on the same interface

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Aug 28 14:04:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:12:44AM -0500, Tony Varriale wrote:
> Then hire someone that knows what they are doing.

Am I the only one to find that sort of remark a bit nasty?

While not sporting any nice certificates, I consider myself to be
somewhat experienced with Cisco platforms, and Cisco architecture - and
if a prospective customer would have asked me "will NAT and netflow
work together?" I would have checked the documentation, would not have
found anything about that conflict either, and would have said "no
problem there".

After all, on other Cisco platforms netflow is used as well to help
NAT (netflow feature-acceleration), and of course, the corresponding
flow records get exported properly afterwards.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de