[c-nsp] Upgrading Sup2 to Sup720 - 6513

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Aug 29 04:10:11 EDT 2011

On 8/28/11 11:32 PM, cisco group wrote:

> We would like to replace the supervisors with 2x WS-SUP720-3B in SSO
> mode.  These sups are required to be inserted into slots 7 and 8.
>
> I have looked around on the cisco site and have found procedures for
> upgrading IOS on redundant supervisors but am unable to find
> procedures on upgrading supervisor engines themselves?

You can have SSO mode when done, but you'll need a power-off event to
make the conversion happen.  Assuming you're in native mode now, just
save the configuration, prepare any changes needed for supervisor ports
(moving from slots 1/2 to 7/8) or linecards (moving from slots 7/8 to
1/2), etc.  You can save the config to a computer, and using a CF reader
copy the config onto a CF card so you can more easily get the new
chassis up and running.

pt