[c-nsp] WARNING: Netflow Data Export & Hardware assisted NAT not supported on 76xx/65xx on the same interface

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Aug 29 23:38:56 EDT 2011

On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:35:20 AM Pete Lumbis wrote:

> This is something I've pushed for in the past and is
> incredibly difficult to do. I agree 100% that the CLI
> should be the first line of defense against
> misconfiguration. One of the first challenges with this
> kind if check is the need for the paraer to scan the
> entire config for compatiability everytime you enter a
> command. The easiest fix to this would be a "config
> commit" feature like I believe exists in XR but this
> would be a huge architectural change that I wouldn't
> hold my breath to see.

Don't speak too soon - we've come across a couple of cases
in IOS XR where a configuration will be committed with
references made to other bits of configurations that don't
yet exist.

Shocked, we were! We brought it up with our SE, but didn't
look deeper into it as it was of low priority on a core box
not really doing anything remotely interesting.

But be warned. Junos is still better at this than IOS XR.

Mark.