[c-nsp] WARNING: Netflow Data Export & Hardware assisted NAT not supported on 76xx/65xx on the same interface

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 30 06:17:10 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 05:22:41 PM Tim Franklin wrote:

> Perhaps they intentionally carried over the fun of
> vanilla IOS where you can quite legitimately reference
> ACLs that don't exist, and *then* try to remember
> whether a non-existant ACL is "permit all" or "deny all"
> in this particular context?  I know I'd miss that if it
> went away.  Not.

:-).

Well, in IOS, you can pretty much apply lots of things that
don't exist, much to the detriment of the network.

Many years ago, we dropped a BGP session because someone
decided to manually type out a prefix list toward a BGP
customer at the edge which turned out not to exist (well, it
did, just that the name in the session differed from what
was actually created), and that caused us to exceed prefix
maximums with one peer, leading to a session tear down far
away into the network.

Copy & paste, templates, e.t.c. helps here, but IOS will be
glad to let you apply several references that don't exist.

I was just surprised to find this still in IOS XR, which
promised sanity checking on commit.

Mark.