[c-nsp] Crazy Port Channel Question

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 00:06:45 EDT 2011

Hey Guys,

I have a crazy question about Port Channels and I think I already know the
answer but just want clarification from people smarter than I am. :-)

Since you can only have 6 port channels on a switch, if I want to send the
same vlans down to bonded ports on vmware servers, can the same Port Channel
group be assigned to multiple servers?

For example Port Channel 1 running vlans 100-120 is set as the channel group
for vmware server 1 and Port Channel 2 running the same vlans is set as the
channel group for vmware server 2.  Can I use Port Channel 1 to both
servers?  Or does it have to be a single port channel to a single
server/switch?

Thanks
Joe