[c-nsp] N7K FAB/SUP

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Aug 31 15:31:30 EDT 2011

Hi Tim, please see inline below:

At 11:55 AM 8/31/2011, Tim Durack mused:

>Given that the NEXUS C7009 is public, and ships with FAB2, is there a
>FAB2 upgrade plan for C7010 and C7018?

Yes, it's no secret that fabric 2 is planned for all N7K chassis.

>Is FAB1 -> FAB2 an in-service upgrade?

Yes, that is the plan.

>As the SUP handles fabric arbitration, does a FAB upgrade require a
>SUP upgrade too?

No, sup upgrade is NOT required.

Hope that helps,
Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759