[c-nsp] MPLS-Aware (Flexible) NetFlow

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Thu Dec 1 05:08:54 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get Netflow going on some ASR1004s running
asr1000rp2-advipservicesk9.03.04.01.S.151-3.S1.bin.  I started off
simple and did regular Netflow for IPv4 something like

ip flow-export version 9
ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 5000

interface x
  ip flow ingress

This worked for IPv4 but gave me no stats for MPLS labelled traffic so I
tried

ip flow-cache mpls label-positions 1 2

That didn't help at all.

I also wanted IPv6 Netflow and it seems that regular Netflow is not an
option so I have now moved to "Flexible Netflow" - something like the
following

flow exporter FE
  destination x.x.x.x
  transport udp 5000

flow monitor FM_IPv4
  record netflow ipv4 original-input
  exporter FE

flow monitor FM_IPv6
  record netflow ipv6 original-input
  exporter FE

interface x
  no ip flow ingress
  ip flow monitor FM_IPv4 input
  ipv6 flow monitor FM_IPv6 input

So far I seem to be good for IPv4 and IPv6 but still am missing stats
for MPLS labelled packets.  Does anyone know if MPLS-Aware ingress
Netflow is available in ASR1004/IOS-XE in either regular or Flexible
flavour?  If anyone has a working example or can point to some doco that
would be great.  From what I have seen I am suspecting that MPLS-Aware
Netflow may only be available in egress using standard no flexible
version???

Also an anyone confirm Flexible Netflow is the only way to get IPv6 flows?

Thanks

Ivan