[c-nsp] Weird Multicast microburst amplification issue

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Mon Dec 12 10:20:15 EST 2011

No span sessions enabled.

It definitely looks like a classic microburst output buffer overflow problem, but with a Sup720 and a 6748 module, I haven't seen this at this volume. Ticker volume has peeked recently, and that might contribute to it. It appears to start happening with more than 120Mbps and/or 12,000 pps output on the port. Other than moving to 10GB, I don't see any solutions. Given the 6748 buffer size, I'm surprised it's overrunning it at this volume.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039