[c-nsp] Cisco 5k with HP flex Fabric

Thomason, Simon Simon.Thomason at racq.com.au
Tue Dec 13 00:50:06 EST 2011

Hi All,

Has anyone run into issues with adding new vlans to a VPC for HP blades? I have just provisioned a new network to pump down to my HP blades but have run into issues on the HP farm.

Currently have 12 chassis spread over 2 sites with 2 new networks (1 per site) not working at all at one site and only 1 of the 6 chassis working with the new network.

At both sites I have allocated a new port with just this new network on it and brought up a server fine on the new network.

At our DR site I have had the server team reboot both flexfabric one at a time and still does not work.

I have even gone to the length of having the new VLAN taken off and put back on the flex fabric.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had run into an issues like this. Server team currently have a job opened with HP but wanted to see if anyone could help here.

Below is some code for the VPC but the only real difference is that the working one has a few less vlans.

---code----

EMP31D11NEXUS# sh vlan id 328

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- -------------------------------
328  MS_Exchange_10.53.128.0/24       active    Po1, Po2, Po3, Po37, Po38, Po39
                                                Po40, Po50, Po51, Po52, Po53
                                                Po55, Po56, Po64, Po65

Remote SPAN VLAN
----------------
Disabled

Primary  Secondary  Type             Ports
-------  ---------  ---------------  -------------------------------------------

!Working VPC
interface port-channel40
  description Blade Chassis EMPR1C6CH1 VConnect 2
  switchport mode trunk
  vpc 40
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 314,321-323,328,360,362,617
  spanning-tree port type edge trunk
  speed 10000

! example of a a VPC that is not working.
EMP31D11NEXUS# sh run int po50

!Command: show running-config interface port-channel50
!Time: Tue Dec 13 14:15:00 2011

version 5.0(2)N2(1)

interface port-channel50
  description L EMPR1C1CH1-VC1
  switchport mode trunk
  vpc 50
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 310-311,314-315,321-323,328,360,362,610-615,617
  spanning-tree port type edge trunk
  speed 10000

---code----

Stuck for gift ideas? Check out racq.com/shop where you are sure to find something for everyone.

Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited.  RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects.  If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail unsubscribe at racq.com.au or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.