[c-nsp] Routing around errors

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Tue Dec 13 09:42:49 EST 2011

Indeed I should have specified this in the initial email...

We're using T1, DS3, OC3, and OC-12, depending on site size.  Some of
them run through our legacy ATM network, while others run HDLC/PPP or
POS.  We have almost no Ethernet WAN (thanks for the Ethernet OAM
suggestion above, but won't apply to us).

It sounds like so far the main answers are PfR/OER or EEM, with a fair
amount of "I wouldn't rely on that being automated, better to monitor
and intervene manually"

I am a bit reluctant to introduce PfR (which we don't do today) as
it's a substantial amount of complexity that would have to be
designed, tested, documented, and communicated to all support staff.

EEM sounds a bit more promising, though perhaps a lot to manage.

Thanks everyone,
-Geoff