[c-nsp] Unity Connection users-LDAP

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:32:42 EST 2011

Hi guys,

Quick question here for the list.

I have a customer that I just inherited. They have Unity Connection 7.1.5.

Originally when it was setup they were not using LDAP, so all users were
input manually. Their backups consisted of only COBRAS exports.

Their HD crashed and they had to recover from the COBRAS export. However
after that recovery they implemented LDAP integration. All new users were
imported from LDAP but the original users weren’t. They exist in their AD
directory but aren’t LDAP users in Unity Connection.

My question is the following. Is there a way to take those original users
built in Unity Connection manually that are also in their AD directory but
were not imported into Unity Connection and import them without causing any
interruptions?

They already have their VM boxes built and have been using them for several
months.

In case it matters they are using CUCM 7.1.5 and are planning to upgrade
both systems to 8.x in about 2 months.

Joel P