[c-nsp] Deploying MSTP

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:01:55 EST 2011

Yep, definitely important to verify what VLANs are mapped to the instances.  The Nexus for example reserves some VLANs that aren't obvious, so when you map them, they end up back in instance 0 with no warning.  IOS didn't reserve those, so both my instance 0 and the one with high-numbered VLANs didn't match, so I had all kinds of problems till we discovered that.  There is a checksum that you can get it to display that should match between all connected devices.  Can't remember the command, but it worked well.

Chuck