[c-nsp] NTP Server Recommendation?

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Sat Feb 5 17:29:39 EST 2011

How critical is it?  Do you just need to insure the log timing is in
sync with each other?  If it isn't that critical you can make a couple
of cisco boxes stratum 2 NTP servers and then you can point your clients
at them.

If you want something damn accurate see:

	http://www.febo.com/pages/soekris/

Tim

on 2/5/11 2:17 PM Michael Vinogradsky said the following:
> Which types of devices are preferred to be used as NTP servers? Particularly for an environment of 1000 NTP Cisco clients. I understand that it's a matter of preference, but I am just trying to understand what most engineers prefer.
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or  distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original  message.

 GPG Fingerprint: 4821 CFDA 06E7 49F3 BF05  3F02 11E3 390F 8338 5B04
       http://www.lns.com/house/pozar/pozar_4096_rsa_public.asc