[c-nsp] NTP Server Recommendation?

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sun Feb 6 00:46:43 EST 2011

> Thanks Tim. The scope of the server that I am looking for just needs
> to sync up the Cisco clients' system clocks. That's all.

Do you need to knew what time someone else think it is  or just have
your systems syncronized?

If you just need them in sync tell a cisco box it's a S1 server and it
will be your master clock..  STK-B-YB(config)#ntp master 1

If you want to have UTC traceable time-scale and not be dependent on
anyone, like GPS or radio-clocks, it can also be done. Just takes a
bit more work..

-P