[c-nsp] NTP Server Recommendation?

Florin Florian florin.florian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:36:07 EST 2011

*NTP Hardware   -   **Stratum 0/1 Servers***

*EndRun Technologies Praecis  Ctnp - proposed*

* *

Time Source:  TIA/EIA IS-95 CDMA Pilot and Sync channels

Local Oscillators:  MS-OCXO (Medium Stability - Oven controlled Crystal
         Oscillator) 100 days stability

Supported Protocols:  SNTP, NTP v2, v3, v4 and broadcast/multicast mode

                        SSH Server with SCP

                        SNMP v1, v2, v3 with Enterprise MIB

                        MD5 Authentication

                        TIME and DAYTIME servers

                        Telnet Client and Servers

                        FTP Client
                        DHCP Client

*Introduction*

The Unison is a Stratum 1 NTP server that provides an accurate, reliable and
secure source of network time inside your firewall.  This model uses CDMA as
its time-synchronization source.  It includes a proprietary CDMA receiver
which allows you to locate the antenna anywhere you can receive a cell phone
signal.  This saves you the trouble and expense of installing a rooftop
antenna which is a typical requirement for most other network time servers.

   - Supports 200,000 network
clients<http://www.endruntechnologies.com/time_server_clients.htm>with
<10 microsecond NTP timestamp accuracy.
   - CDMA synchronization allows you to locate antenna inside building.
   - NTP, SNTP, MD5, SNMP, SSH, SCP, TIME, DAYTIME, TELNET, FTP, DHCP and
   more.
   - IPv4 and IPv6 compliant.
   - Superior reliability - an
MTBF<http://www.endruntechnologies.com/time_servers_mtbf.htm>of 25
years based on demonstrated field data.
   - No cell phone subscription required.

*High-Performance*
The high-bandwidth NTP capability ensures a typical timestamp accuracy of
<10 microseconds can be sustained while handling hundreds of NTP requests
per second.  This means that up to 200,000 NTP
clients<http://www.endruntechnologies.com/time_server_clients.htm>can
be reliably synchronized to within 1/2 to 2 milliseconds of each
other.