[c-nsp] EoMPLS or VPLS loop prevention/storm control

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:12:06 EST 2011

Hi All,

We right now have several bridged campus wide VLAN. It happens several
times a year where a loop in one of the VLAN will cause our backbone
to be unavailable. Now we are thinking to better architect the design.
If we migrate to some platform like ASR9K and use EoMPLS or VPLS, what
will happen if we have a loop in one of the VLAN?  The simple loop is
to have a dump switch, connected two ports of it together.

Thanks,

Schilling