[c-nsp] Nexus 5548P - 1 Gbps support

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Feb 9 10:47:53 EST 2011

Thanks to all who replied.
I think the general consensus from the replies I saw is that there isn't
1 Gbps support as yet in software for the 5548P.

Pete, I wish I had a switch to test the below command on but I don't. I
was looking at reasonably priced available Cisco options for
core/distribution switch fiber port aggregation (12+ ports) to 3 floors
(3560G at the access layer) for a small company.

My options appear to be limited to the 4900 series since the Nexus 5548P
doesn't appear to be doing 1G or Layer 3 (this is a desirable option not
a necessity) at the moment. Size and price are important factors, as
they are in any small organization so chassis-based solutions are not an
option.

Vijay Ramcharan