[c-nsp] EoMPLS or VPLS loop prevention/storm control

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:10:33 EST 2011

Thanks all for the info.
I am familiar with these features. I talked with Cisco TAC several
times, they are not recommending the storm control since it can not
differentiate control data from user data, this might cause
instability of layer 2 network.  port-security to only allow specific
mac address might be helpful, but will not be useful for a hub.
So there is no good way to prevent rogue hub/switch from messing with
our network?

So the best we can do is to reduce the fault domain, if something
messed up, just let it mess up a small area of network?

Schilling