[c-nsp] Q-in-Q frame sent into Q-in-Q tunnel

Jon Harald Bøvre jon at bovre.no
Sat Feb 12 05:52:56 EST 2011

Hi

done some testing as we had problems with this some months ago.
QinQ tunnel 1 (transport vlan 5) - outer tunnel where customer are
connected - STP,CDP (L2) forwarded
QinQ tunnel 2 (transport vlan 6) - inner SP tunnel where tunnel 1 should
be transported - STP,CDP NOT L2 forwarded
No problem with this.

But if you configure inner SP tunnel with L2 forwarding there will be
problems
QinQ tunnel 2 edge ports will see the encapsulated frames as invalid,
and err-disable the port.

Solution:
-do not enable errdisable l2pt-guard on switches where SP tunnels are
configured (probably undesired?)
or
-do not forward l2protocol on inner SP tunnel (customer will still have
their STP,CDP forwarded)

Jon Harald Bøvre