[c-nsp] Internal MP-BGP

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 07:40:19 EST 2011

What is your Igp? Ldp needs an igp to function properly or else you need bgp
to do the label exchange for you which I think only works on ebgp.

Look at the mpls label bindings and see I'd they are being setup properly.
On Feb 13, 2011 7:34 AM, "marc williams" <marcuk at me.com> wrote:
> setup:
>
> asr1-----asr2
>
> both act as PE routers doing back to back BGP/VRF to customers. they also
act a P routers facing each other.
> Currently have an ibgp session per vrf between asr1-asr2 to learn external
routes between asr's.

> Moving to MP-BGP between asr1/2. mpls and ldp session active between
asr1/2 via a vlan/connected /30.
> BGP VPNv4 setup and active with next hop self and update source looback0.
> show ip bgp vpnv4 vrfname shows the external routes from asr1 are being
learnt on asr2.

> problem i have is asr2 cannot ping asr1 loopback within a vrf. so packets
to external asr1 routes get blackholed.