[c-nsp] EARL7 Versions

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Wed Feb 16 11:49:31 EST 2011

If you look at the spec sheets you will notice a few differences. MAC table size, default DRAM, routing performance, etc
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_data_sheet09186a0080159856.html

Most of the other differences are very small and scenario specific. Some could even be as minor as some errata required a software workaround in 3B but where then addressed in 3C. These are not the kinds of things we doc publicly. Some less minor ones off the top of my head that *may be documented but not in a single doc that contrasts 3B and 3C.

support for vlan hash on etherchannel
VSS - only 3C cards can be the VSL in a VSS setup.
MPLS QoS EXP rewrite changes - in short PFC3B can only rewrite EXP in IP2MPLS path. PFC3C can rewrite both.

Those are the only ones I have run across that I can think of.

-Ben