[c-nsp] GRE tunnel flapping every 15 minutes

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Wed Feb 16 14:26:45 EST 2011

Config looks fine to me. Just would just note that you should make sure WANgateway is IP address not an interface. If you cannot ping the WAN IP on the 871 when this is happening I would guess this is really a problem with the access circuit to your ISP. You should be able to confirm this in the following manner.

Turn on ICMP debugs. The next time a failure happens, ping the 871 WAN IP. Once you have connectivity back go check the log and see if your pings got to the 871 or not. If not then it's an ISP problem for sure. If they got there then it's likely a problem on 871 but still *possible that it's a return path ISP problem.

-Ben